Car & Motorcycle Accidents
Nobody likes to have an accident but sometimes bad things happen. When such misfortune occurs, we are here to help you through it from start to finish and to ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. If you've sustained injuries as a result of an automobile or motorcyle accident, it is often essential to have competent legal representation to help you navigate the complicated terrain of insurance policies and negotiations. We will help you overcome any obstacles put in your way by the opposing party and will assist in helping you put the accident behind you as quickly, efficiently and beneficially as possible.
At the start of every case, we will help you to:
- Resolve property damage claims By resolving property damage claims quickly and efficiently, we ensure that our clients can get their car repaired or replaced.
- File for various no-fault benefits and\or social disablity These benefits help our clients pay their medical bills and lighten the potential financial burden of the accident.
We immediately begin to work on developing the case and negotiate with insurance companies. We will obtain any necessary police records, accident reports, photographs, medical records and witness statements. All of this information will be aggregated into a demand package that we send to insurance companies when seeking financial relief for our clients.
Our organized and dillegent approach allows us to settle a large percentage of cases through aggressive negotiation without subjecting our clients to the unpredictability and stress of a trial. However, every case without exception is prepared on the assumption that we will be going to trial. Julia has a lot of litigation experience and will readily take a personal injury case through mediation, arbitration or a full trial when necessary.
- How to improve your personal injury claim
- Immediately report the accident to the police and your insurance company
- Take lots of pictures of the accident, damange to your car and any other vehicles involved
- Write down names and phone numbers of any witnesses.
- Immediately schedule an appointment with your doctor
Very often people are in shock immediately following an accident and do not feel any pain. However, pain may develop after serveral days (e.g. frequent headaches, neck pain, etc). It's best to have an appointment already scheduled so that you won't have to wait for your doctor to become available once pain develops. In addition, calling your doctor immediately will help avoid questions about delayed treatment.
- Take detailed notes on how the accident impacted your daily life (inability to participate in activities you enjoy, pursue your hobbies, etc). Also, do not hide the fact that you are experiencing pain from family, friends and co-workers.
- Keep detailed records for any out of pocket expenses relating to the accident - cab rides while your car is being reparied, out of pocket expenses for prescription or over-the-counter medication, etc
- Consult with a personal injury attorney as soon as you can. Our law firm (and most others) provides a completely free initial consultation and case assessment. Ultimately you may choose to not hire an attorney, but consulting with one will ensure that you're making a fully informed decision about the matter.
- If you intend to hire an attorney, avoid giving any statements to the insurance company of any other driver involved in the accident. Such statements are recorded and can be used against you during any subsequent negotiations.
- If medical treatment is required, do not accept any offers from other driver's insurance company until your treatmeant is completely finished. It's often the case that additional treatment is required and, by accepting an offer too soon, you risk not being properly compensated for any additional treatment.